102 leadership characteristics of Shaikh Zayed highlighted
Some of the 102 leadership characteristics highlighted by Lt. Gen Tamim:
1. Ability to think strategically
2. Ability to set objectives
3. Ability to fulfil goals
4. Ability to identify his vision
5. Ability to withstand setbacks
6. Ability to lead people
8. Open mind
11. Ability to take the right decision at the right time
13. Accepts responsibility
14. Keeps vows and pledges
15. Believes in moving forward
16. Does not accept routine
17. Does not isolate himself from his people
18. Has on-ground experience
19. Accepts others’ opinions and suggestions
Deepening knowledge about the UAE
Mohammad Bin Rashid School of Government (MBRSG), a research and teaching institution focusing on public policy in the Arab world, organised a National Day Forum yesterday titled ‘Leadership and National Identity’ to mark the upcoming 43rd UAE National Day.
The day-long forum comprised three sessions:
1) The first session, ‘Zayed the Leader’, was presented by Lieutenant General Dahi Khalfan Tamim, Deputy Chairman of Police and General Security in Dubai.
2) The second session was headlined by Jamal Bin Huwaireb, Managing Director, Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation, and shared insights on ‘Sustainable Leadership in the UAE’.
3) The third session, ‘Practices of Good Citizenship’, was hosted by Dr Amal Bel Houl, Societal Affairs Consultant, Watani Al Emarat Foundation,
Dr Ali Sebaa Al Merri, Executive President, MBRSG, said: “The purpose of the National Day Forum is to use the commemorative platform to deepen our knowledge about the UAE, and enhance the spirit of patriotism. On this important occasion, we are keen to highlight the achievements of our young nation and celebrate the people behind these achievements. The forum serves to connect the vision of the past with the success of the present and offer a commitment to the future.”